Sunday 12 August 2012

Hola!



Hola!

This is an exchange blog for family and friends. In a very short little while, I will be leaving to study/party in a little town called Kingston in Ontario, at Queen’s University (it’s all very  faux-royal and exciting). From past experience with blogs (i.e. the one I started when I was 14) this will probably degenerate into a Dear Diary of broody ramblings. But even so! I will persist! And hopefully document some of my experiences, Instagrammed for your viewing pleasure.

A word about the url – 500 Days of Deblina. My lovely friend Emily helped me set up this blog, and I didn’t anticipate having to think of a clever and witty and PERMANENT url on the spot. So I cast my eyes around her room, noticed the DVD 500 Days of Summer (which happens to be one of my favourites) and this was my thought process:

Ooh! Love that movie. I could use a title like that. How long am I going for? About 5 months. What’s 5 times 30? Probably around 500, right? Done!

Of course, I realised about 30 seconds later that 5 months definitely did not equal 500 days, but there you go. Now I’m stuck with this. Who knows, maybe I will end up blogging for 500 days. (Unlikely, as I figured out that’s like 2 years). (Wait, that’s not right, is it?).



2 comments:

  1. Haha nice work. You and I are mathematical geniuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Em!
    Ah well, 500 days of blog entries sounds much more promising than 5 months. The before, during and after Canada escapades will no doubt be a worthwhile real Deb!

    lauren xx

    ReplyDelete