Friday 31 August 2012

When in doubt, always wash your hair

So I'm sitting at Sydney International airport and pretty much twiddling my thumbs for another 4 hours. I've killed 3.5 hours already and my brain is dying. I've found a cosy niche between two ATMs to plug in my phone charger. I'm reading Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them on my Kindle but keep looking at my watch, hoping I am closer to checking in than right now. Ugh. Worst.

Anyway, yesterday was officially Packing Day, and even though I really couldn't put it off any longer, I didn't start packing until well into the morning. Of course, because I left it so late, there were about a million small things I had to keep track of, and last minute errands that were left literally to the very last minute. And then, you know the feeling when you have such a monumental amount of important shit to do, that you ignore all of it, and become fixated on this small meaningless and inconsequential thing instead? No? Is it just me?

For me, yesterday, it was the all-consuming question of 'should I wash my hair today, or leave it till I land at my final destination?'. So instead of planning my luggage and itinerary, I spent my time fretting about the freshness of my hair pre or post-departure. And that is when my sister imparted me these words of wisdom - 'When in doubt, always wash your hair'.

What a fantastic life philosophy to live by! Not only because it is always better to have freshly washed, Herbal Essences-smelling hair, but because most of my thinking time is done in the shower. And what do you know, I thought of a whole bunch of vital packing items, which I would now be missing if I hadn't washed my hair. Moral of the story: I am really really bored at the airport and I apologize for this random an irrelevant post. 

1 comment:

  1. Aha I love it. I had a should I wash my hair moment the other day, and I'm glad decided to do it because otherwise I would have spent the whole day paranoid that my hair looked ewie.

    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete